Any person or group can organise autonomously and take action in the name and spirit of XR so long as the action fits within XR’s principles and values . In this way, power is decentralised, meaning that there is no need to ask for permission from a central group or authority.
- We have a shared vision of change
creating a world that is fit for the next 7 generations to live in.
- We set our mission on what is necessary
mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – such as “momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
- We need a regenerative culture creating a culture
which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
- We openly challenge ourselves and this toxic system
leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
- We value reflecting and learning
following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
- We welcome everyone and every part of everyone
working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
- We actively mitigate for power
breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
- We avoid blaming and shaming
we live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
- We are a nonviolent network
using nonviolent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
- We are based on autonomy and decentralisation
we collectively create the structures we need to challenge power.